Department of Biochemistry
Leading the way in Biomedical Sciences
Associate Professor TANG, Bor Luen
Deputy Executive Director, NGS, National University of Singapore
Tel: (65) 6516 1040 | Email:
||Associate Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS.
Supervisor, NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering (NGS), NUS.
Deputy Executive Directors, NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering (NGS), NUS.
* Molecular and cellular neurobiology.
* Membrane dynamics and protein trafficking in mammalian cells.
- Chua CE, Lim YS, Lee MG, Tang BL (2012) Non-classical membrane trafficking processes galore. J. Cell Physiol. (in press, epub DOI: doi: 10.1002/jcp.24082).
- Chen Y, Hor HH and Tang BL. (2012) AMIGO is expressed in multiple brain cells types and may regulate dendritic growth and neuronal survival. J. Cell Physiol. 227: 2217-2229.
- Gee HY, Roh SH, Tang BL, Kim KH, and Lee MG. (2011) Rescue of ΔF508-CFTR trafficking via a GRASP-dependent unconventional secretion pathway. Cell 146: 746-760.
- Chua CE, Gan BQ and Tang BL (2011) Involvement of members of the Rab family and related small GTPases in autophagosome formation and maturation. Cell Mol. Life Sci. 68:3349-3358.
- Chua CE and Tang BL (2011) Rabs, SNAREs and ∝-synuclein - membrane trafficking defects in synucleinopathies. Brain Res. Rev. 67: 268-281.
- Lim YS, Chua CE and Tang BL (2011) Rabs and other small GTPases in ciliary transport. Biol. Cell 103: 209-221.
- Tang BL, Gee HY and Lee MG (2011) The cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR)’s expanding SNARE interactome. Traffic 12: 364-371.
- Tang BL (2011) Sirt1's systemic protective roles and its promise as a target in anti-aging medicine. Trans. Res. 157: 276-284.
- Huang TH, Tsui HA, Tang BL, Hu KY and Chen A (2011) Emerging roles of Rab23 in the pathophysiology of mesangial cells – a proteomic analysis. Proteomics 11:380-394.
- Teng FY and Tang BL (2010) NF-қB signaling in neurite growth and neuronal survival. Rev. Neurosci. 21: 299-313.
- Gee HY, Tang BL, Kim KH and Lee MG (2010) Syntaxin 16 binds to CFTR and regulates its membrane trafficking in epithelial cells. J. Biol. Chem. 285: 35519-35527.
- Meng J, Xia W, Tang J, Tang BL and Liang F (2010) Dephosphorylation dependent inhibitory activity of juxtanodin on filamentous actin disassembly. J. Biol. Chem. 285: 28838-28849.
- Ong YS, Tang BL, Loo LS and Hong W (2010) p125A exists as part of the mammalian Sec13-Sec31 COPII subcomplex to facilitate ER-Golgi transport, J. Cell Biol. 190: 331-345.
- Chen Y, Gan BQ and Tang BL (2010) Syntaxin 16: unravelling cellular physiology through a ubiquitous SNARE molecule. J. Cell. Physiol. 225:326-332.
- Gan BQ and Tang BL (2010) Sirt1’s beneficial roles in neurodegenerative diseases – a CCT connection? Aging Cell 9:924-929.
- Tang BL (2010) Is Rab25 a tumor promoter or suppressor – context dependency on RCP status? Tumor Biol. 31: 359-361.
- Tang BL (2010) Resveratrol is neuroprotective because it is not a direct activator of Sirt1 - a hypothesis. Brain Res. Bull. 81: 359-361.
- Chua CE, Lim YS and Tang BL (2010) Rab35 – a vesicular traffic regulating small GTPase with actin modulating roles, FEBS Lett. 584: 1-6.
- Tang BL and Chua CE (2010) Is systemic activation of Sirt1 beneficial for ageing-associated metabolic disorders? Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 391: 6-10.
- Ng EL, Ng JJ, Liang F and Tang BL (2009) Rab22B is expressed in the CNS astroglia lineage and plays a role in epidermal growth factor receptor trafficking in A431 cells. J. Cell. Physiol. 221: 716-728.