Third Year Orthopaedic Surgery Posting
Orthopaedic Surgery Systematic Course
The first 8 weeks of the current posting is from 27 February to 20 April 2012. Updates to the current posting may be found in the Integrated Virtual Learning Enviroment ORTHO127 module. Also available in the IVLE are:
- Basic Science Lectures and Physical Examination Videos
- Clinical ORthopaedics Examination Skills (CORES) - Standardised Video
- Other materials
Clinical tutorials and ambulatory teaching are held daily throughout the posting covering all aspects of trauma to the locomotor system together with important orthopaedic conditions.
Brief Summary of the 8 Weeks Orthopaedic Surgery Posting
- Foundation Course Lectures (Introductory) on the 1st day of the posting
- Hospital postings commences on Day 2 (Tue) of Week 1 and Day 1 (Mon) of Week 5. Each student will have two hospital postings (4 weeks each).
- Centralised teaching - seminars/professorial clinical session will be held in NUH every Friday.
- Students are allocated to a Seminar Group. Kindly contact your seminar tutors to obtain the seminar outline for your presentation.
- Students will be posted to either KKH or NUH for paediatric orthopaedic posting.
- Mini-CEX (1 during week 4 and another during week 7)
Further and fuller details are updated to Integrated Virtual Learning Enviroment ORTHO127 module.